December 12, 2009

Light Up Mississippi

I can hardly believe this year is nearly over. It was like just this morning I was ringing in the New Year with my best friend by eating Hershey's Kisses since we didn't have boyfriends. And now here I am, nearly a year older and all the more wiser. I managed to survive my last trimester at Brighton nearly unscathed. I celebrated my new lease on life by getting out of town for a week with my mom in the most beautiful place in the whole world. I spent the entire summer getting to know and spend precious time with my grandmother. I started college at a school I have dreamed of going to since I was little and made it through my first semester. I met tons of new people and made friends to last me a long while.

Everything that has happened so far this year has taught me many lessons: 
5. Forgive those who have wronged you, ask for forgiveness from those you have wronged, and put what is in the past behind you.
4. Live without expectations. When life doesn't measure up, it sucks.When you have no expectations, everything seems to work out no matter the outcome.
3. Slow down and enjoy the small things of life. You only live for so long, and once it's gone, it's gone for good. Don't live in a hurry, you have no where too important to be not to stop and smell the roses.
2. Notice and show gratitude for God's hand in your life.

And probably the most important thing I have learned this year is...
1. Let time work itself out. If something was meant to be, it's moment will come along when you least expect it. Live in the moment and let each moment take your breath away.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and I will give you an imaginary penny for your thoughts :]