February 23, 2010

And then a new day dawned...


Last night I dreamed I was Alice. I stepped through her magic mirror and there you were, three years younger at the airport with your family. You were wearing that baby blue shirt of yours that I always said matched your eyes. Everyone embraced you and cried as if you'd be gone for a while. As you boarded the plane you turned to me and looked me in the eyes. Expecting a hateful gaze I flinched, but instead you smiled... just as if everything that happened between us didn't matter anymore. I smiled back. You waved goodbye as you walked down the platform and somehow, I knew that goodbye would be forever.

When I awoke, that guilty feeling I've been carrying around all these years for hurting you was finally gone. 

Thanks for letting go.

3 comments:

  1. Love your writing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and I will give you an imaginary penny for your thoughts :]