October 12, 2010

Christmas with Disney



I cry every time I see this video... I'm not even kidding. I'm crying right now! 

I love Disneyland more than anywhere else in this world, and only 68 more days until I'm there again! My family is going for Christmas this year and I honestly can not wait! 

This will be my first Christmas away from my extended family, which I'm kind of sad about. We have very specific traditions, and it will most definitely be strange not doing them for the first time in my life. Christmas is most importantly about celebrating Christ's birth, and it's also about family, loving each other, eating lots of yummy food, laughing, watching snow fall out the window while you curl up in a blanket with a hot cup of chocolate, gift giving, lots of decorating, sledding, hours upon hours of Christmas tunes on FM 100, and staying up late listening for Santa's reindeer. Luckily for me, I'll be able to do almost all of these things at Disneyland this year!

Although I'll be missing my of my aunts and uncles and cousins, I'm glad I'll be able to spend my favorite time of year at my most favorite place on earth. I can't wait to see the giant Christmas tree light up on Main Street, and I especially can't wait for the firework show complete with real snow! I'm planning on getting some hot chocolate from the Market House on Main Street, it will be like I never left home :]

The thing I love so much about Disneyland is how free it makes me feel. When you pass through those gates you leave all your troubles and worries behind and become a kid again. The only thing you have to worry about is how many times you'll be able to ride Pirates of the Caribbean or if you'll get a good spot at the fireworks show. I love Disneyland because I have SO many happy memories there. My parents first took me when I was 4 years old. My baby sister passed away the year before, and my parents thought it would be a good idea to take me since I wasn't handling the situation very well. I still remember how happy I was and how special I felt being there. Disneyland taught me how to be a normal kid again. And it's were I learn to be a kid again every time I go. I think people sometimes grow up too fast. Being an adult is no fun, so I think it's important to always have the kid side of you come out every once in a while. Life is more fun through a child's eyes anyways.

Sorry about all this rambling mumbo jumbo, it's nearly 5 in the morning and I haven't slept at all... growing pains! I have a feeling I won't remember any of this when I wake up this afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post. Ahhhhhh I can't wait for Christmas and you are going to have a blast in Disneyland on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and I will give you an imaginary penny for your thoughts :]