March 23, 2011

March '11 Obsessions

1.
I bought my very first pair of TOMS shoes earlier this month and now I want a pair in every style! Not only are they cute and comfortable, every pair bought has a match somewhere in the world belonging to a child in need. So not only are you buying yourself a very nice pair of shoes, you are also buying a pair for a child who doesn't even have shoes. It's one purchase you won't feel guilty about buying.


You can buy your own pair of TOMS online at http://www.toms.com/, or at a store near you

2. Funky Jewelry
While I was at the mall buying TOMS, I stumbled upon another new obsession. Long necklaces with funky charms, and big chunky rings!
So far in the necklace department I have an elephant, an antique telephone, a fish that can wiggle, a little book that has real pages, an antique key that Catherine gave me for my b-day, and a dreamcatcher. They are really fun to collect!
In the ring department I have a tiger, a huge turquoise stone, a hibiscus flower, a fake diamond ring that is HUGE, a "soccer ball",  vines, and then my favorite ring made out of petrified wood that was my great-grandfather's. 
I bought the majority of the jewelry from Forever 21 and everything was under $8! 

3. New Music!
Here are a few songs I just can't get enough of this month...

'Boy With a Coin' by Iron & Wine
This song makes me want to dance around a campfire. The lyrics are beautiful and I love the flamenco dancers in the video! I can't wait to see the real thing next summer in Spain! (Thanks RayCray for introducing me to this band!)

'The Cave' by Mumford & Sons
Brilliant... just brilliant! 'Little Lion Man' is also just as wonderful.

'Alligator Sky' by Owl City featuring Shawn Chyrstopher
Let's just admit it, everything Owl City makes is amazing.

4. Pretty Little Liars
This show is SO addicting and intense! The first season just ended this week :[ But good news is that the second season is starting up this June! If you haven't seen this show, go watch it now!

5. EF College Break
Next summer I am going to Europe through EF College Break! Their prices are insanely cheap and they plan all of the nitty-gritty stuff for you so you don't have to worry! Every tour group has about 40 college kids from all over the US that you will meet and become friends with. If you have ever wanted to see the world, EF College Break is the way to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and I will give you an imaginary penny for your thoughts :]