March 21, 2010

#14 Get a decent job.


Guess what? Starting tomorrow I will be doing ^this^ for a living. I got a job as a shelver at a local library! It's the perfect job for me, wouldn't you think? 

I have been trying to get this job for a few years. I was offered a job my junior year of high school but it was at a library an hour away so that didn't work out. Then after a one year hiring freeze, two shelver tests, three interviews, and a whole lot of waiting, I finally got one! Party!!

It couldn't have worked out more perfectly. It's at a library right down the street from my grandmother's house and the hours they gave me allow me to still take her to get her hair done every Friday! My main concern with getting a job was not being able to spend time with her every week but that won't be a problem now!

So anyways, that is my good news of the week! Hopefully I will like this job because I've worked so hard for so long trying to get it. We'll see!

4 comments:

Leave me a comment and I will give you an imaginary penny for your thoughts :]