1. Go on a road trip. It doesn't matter where.Last September I went on a road trip to Oregon with Rachel and Jeff; it was SO much fun and we were only gone for 3 days. Sometime over spring break or over summer break, I want to just take a week or so and get out of town. DISNEYLAND!!!!!!! Best road trip destination? I think so.
2. Go skinny dipping! It's a bit scandalous, but I have always wanted to do it. Maybe on my road trip we can go to Southern Cali and skinny dip in the ocean? That would be epic for sure.
3. Go to a drive-in movie. Sadly, I have never ever done this. And I feel extremely deprived. Click here to read about my drive-in movie awesomeness!
4. Take an art class. I want to learn to blow glass... or make jewelery. Taking ceramics again would be fun. I never learned how to throw a pot so that would be a great skill to learn. Something like that. I don't want to take the conventional drawing or painting class. Something more daring. Read about my amazing glass making adventure here!
5. Take a cake decorating class. After watching Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes, I really want to learn how to decorate cakes. I want to learn how to make fondant and gum paste flowers and then I want to make a cake for someone's birthday.
6. Ride in a hot air balloon. Everyone is going all gaga over skydiving but I have never heard of anyone going on a hot air balloon. It's a bit pricey but it would totally be worth every penny.
7. Go rock climbing. I attempted to do it once when I was little... all my big cousins were in the harnesses going up, but I "wasn't old enough" or "not tall enough" or some lame excuse like that. So I pouted at the base and then decided to be rebellious climbed like 2 feet off the ground before my mom made me get down. Ever since that day, I have wanted to do it for real.
8. Swim in the Great Salt Lake. I have lived in Salt Lake my entire life and have only been on the shore of the lake maybe one or two times. Talk about lame. Yeah, it smells like shiz and is pretty much the grossest body of water ever (besides Utah Lake. gag.), but I want to swim in it. They say there is so much salt in the water that you don't even have to tread, you can just float off and be lazy.
9. Speaking of the GSL, I want to go to the railroad. There is a set of railroad tracks that go straight through the GSL, cutting it into two halves. The north half has a certain type of algae that makes the water pink, and the southern half has algae that makes it a greenish blue. I want to walk along the railroad tracks and see this phenomenon for myself.
10. Hike to the top of Mount Olympus. This was one of my New Year resolutions from last year and I never did it. So this year I WILL do it.
11. Grow a garden. I haven't decided if it will be a vegetable garden or a flower garden just yet. Maybe I'll do half and half. But what I have decided is that it will be amazing.
12. Learn to make candles and/or soap.This just seems so relaxing and rewarding at the same time. Some things you make just get put on a shelf forever or get thrown away. But you can use candles and soaps everyday and they would also make great gifts. I talked to my mom earlier and she agreed to do this with me which will be uber fun.
13. Sundance it up in Park City. Yes, I have lived in Utah my whole life. And no, I have never taken advantage of the fact that for 10 days every year, celebrities and film makers from all over the world come to Park City and I have never gone to visit them. This must change. I became a star at Sundance. Read all about it!
14. Get a decent job. So I won't live the rest of my college experience poor and starving. Success is mine! Check it out here!
15. Steal a garden gnome. And then take him on a wild and crazy adventure and take tons of pictures! Then I'll return the little guy to his family along with all the pictures from his adventure. See Caesar the gnome's adventure here!
16. Make my mark on Suicide Rock. At the base of Parley's Canyon in Salt Lake City, there is a giant rock jetting up in-between the freeway loops that is covered in graffiti. I want to add to the art.
17. Go to a midnight movie showing in full costume. I'm thinking the next Harry Potter? I want to be Snape. I didn't go as Snape, but Bellatrix was just as great. Rhyme? Sort of?
18. Wear University of Utah attire to BYU's campus and count how many dirty looks, insults and physical injuries I sustain. If I can get my hands on a Max Hall shirt, that would be even better. I caused quite a commotion Down South! GO UTES!
19. Attend the Festival of Colors! I have always wanted to do this. It's at the Hare Krishna Hindi Temple in Spanish Fork, Utah (and at other locations all of the world). Thousands of people gather in one place to celebrate the beginning of Spring. You basically get in a HUGE color war, throwing handfuls of powdered coloring at each other until everyone looks like a rainbow. THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN!! READ ME!
20. Go paragliding. I always see people up on the mountain doing it, and I want to do it too! Being pulled behind a boat would be awesome as well.
21. Go to Hawaii. Ah, the crystal clear waters of the Pacific, leaning palm trees, beautiful Polynesian dancing, luaus... sounds like paradise! And it was! Read here!
22. Make my own Halloween costume. I have wanted to be Princess Jasmine from the Disney movie 'Aladdin' for a very long time. But all the costumes you can buy look nothing like her outfit! So I took matters into my own hands and made one myself!