September 11, 2010

Never Forget

9/11/2001
We will never forget.

I was 10 years old on 9/11. I woke up that morning in September with no idea that that day would be the single most devastating event in US history. 
My mom was in the kitchen making breakfast when my dad called to tell us that a plane had just flown into a building in New York. I remember her telling me that it was probably just a small plane that ran off course and everything would be okay. I got ready for the day and went to school not expecting the horror that would unfold minute by minute on the TV set in my class room.
I arrived at school just in time to watch the 2nd tower fall. I remember people crying, my teacher in particular was in complete shock. No one knew what to do, so we just stared at the screen for hours watching the chaos in NYC, the devastation at the Pentagon in DC, and an open scar in a Pennsylvanian field.
I remember crying with my friends, so scared and so hurt not only for my country, but for all those involved and all of their loved ones and friends. I remember thinking, "How could anyone do this to other human beings?" The hurt never went away, it has been 9 years and I still remember that day clearer than any other day in my life.

May God be with all those who lost parents, children, brothers, sisters, spouses, friends, and co-workers. And may all 2,976 people who lost their lives that day rest in peace.

May God Bless America!




Where were you on that September day?


"Justice will be served and the battle will rage:
This big dog will fight when you rattle his cage.
And you'll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A.
'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American way!

Hey, Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list,
And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist.
And the eagle will fly and it's gonna be hell,
When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell.
And it'll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you.
Ah, brought to you, courtesy of the Red, White and Blue."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and I will give you an imaginary penny for your thoughts :]