September 10, 2010

What's the rush?

FACT: 
The State of Utah has the lowest average age of marriage in the U.S. 

ANOTHER FACT: 
I know well over 20 people who I grew up with who are now engadged/already married/have kids.  

So what I want to know is... What's the rush?



One answer I get over and over again every time I ask this question is, "Why wait?"

I personally don't believe that after knowing someone for hardly a month or two, you know for a fact that they are the one and only person for you and you must marry them as soon as possible... honestly now. What ever happened to getting to know someone before "taking the plunge"? I don't think you can know enough about a person to take said plunge in such a short amount of time.

So here is my reply...

Live life slowly.
Live life deeply.
Live life lovingly,
and
live life knowingly.

If you're "meant to be" with someone, they'll stick around. Just enjoy getting to know each other better. There is no rush on love. And if there is then you have a problem.


I want to see the world before I settle down. I want to take every adventure that comes my way before I continue on to the next chapter in my life. I want to know who I am and what I need before I get to know my someone else. 


1 comment:

  1. i know what you mean, i have 3 close friends,one of them got engaged at 17! the other one is madly in love with her bf and sure wouldn't last any longer than one more year...and the last one is getting married within a month...at 19...oh god..it's really strange how fast you grow up without even being warned or anything...but i'll try very hard to stay single for a while!(lol)
    great post
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and I will give you an imaginary penny for your thoughts :]