December 20, 2010

Greetings from soggy California...

Instead of having a white Christmas in Utah, I'm having a wet one in California. Right now it is 55 degrees with 94% humidity. Needless to say, I have poodle hair. We're staying at a cute little inn right on the beach. What a week to be on the West Coast! The weather man says this is the worst storm California has seen for 10 years. And it's only going to get worse before letting up Thursday. We went to Disneyland this morning with cloudy skies and hardly any crowds, it was every Disney lover's dream. And then after riding Pirates of the Caribbean the rain started pouring, and pouring, and pouring. I honestly haven't EVER seen rain like this before. Normally back home it will rain for a few minutes and then stops, and then it rains again for a little while before going away. Not here, it rains CONSTANTLY. Even in our rain coats and ponchos we were soaked to the bone in no time at all. I have never been so miserable at my favorite place on earth. The next two days are going to be just as rainy but with gail force winds, so we are going to hang out in the hotel and maybe go see 'Tron' or 'True Grit' at Fashion Island. Let's just pray that the weather man was right about the rain going away Thursday because I am SO excited to have a normal experience at Disneyland and a totally rain free Christmas :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and I will give you an imaginary penny for your thoughts :]