December 28, 2010

It's a love/hate sort of thing...

A lot of things have been making me angry lately and I feel like listing them for others to read will make me feel better, so here it goes! (These are in no particular order)

#1 Slow drivers. Especially drivers who cut me off and then decide to drive way under the speed limit. Worst. Pet. Peeve. EVER!

#2 Close-minded people. Living in Utah, it happens a lot. People here just don't realize that they don't have to live their lives like robots, they can choose to live morally and still be interesting at the same time. The majority of them don't though unfortunately.

#3 Health food. Now don't get me wrong, health food is great. But not for every single meal. My mom has been on this new health food kick and I honestly haven't eaten a home cooked meal for weeks. Everything she buys takes a million hours to cook and doesn't taste good anyways. So I've been eating out almost every day and it's definitely starting to show :/

#4 Men. Honestly, do men these days date anymore? "Hanging out" is not a date. If a guy is worth the time, he will ask me out either in person, or over the phone, otherwise he doesn't have a date. ESPECIALLY not by text!!! And he will pay for my meal and open every door I intend on stepping through or else he can kiss his sorry butt goodbye.

#5 Snow. I miss green grass and the feeling of hot pavement under my bare feet. I especially don't like snow when it transforms my car into an ice cave and turns my steering wheel into ice. 

#6 People who think they know everything and make sure everyone knows it. All I have to say to this one is, SHUT YOUR FAT FACE! No one, and I mean no one, likes a know-it-all. 

#7 People who hold grudges. So I dumped chocolate syrup on your driveway 4 years ago. Get over it. I was over it the moment I did it.

#8 People who hate. So I dumped chocolate syrup on your friend's driveway 4 years ago and dated your boyfriend when I was FIFTEEN freaking years old and haven't said a word to you in my life. Get. Over. Yourself.

#9 People who do everyone else's jobs but neglect to do their own. (This means you boy-scout-man.)

#10 Having to grow up. I have Peter Pan syndrome. I want to be a kid forever.

Thanks for listening to me rant. I feel much better. Here are some things I do like so you all don't think I'm a total Grinch.

#1 My puppy. Brody is my little buddy. He always listens and never gives me opinions or lectures. He wakes me up right on time every morning and loves to snuggle. He likes to wear sweaters and sit on the back of the couch like a cat. I love him with all my heart :]

#2 My heated blanket. It's the only thing that gets me through the winter. I have it cranked up on high as we speak.

#3 My friends. I have amazing friends. I honestly couldn't imagine a better bunch of rascals to hang out with all the time.

#4 Crushes. They are thrilling to have, but at the same time kind of heart breaking. 

#5 Disney movies/Disneyland. This goes right along with my Peter Pan syndrome. There is nothing better than curling up in a cozy blanket, sipping hot cocoa and watching a Disney movie.

#6 My family. We may not get along 100% of the time, but boy to we have good times. There's a whole lot of OCD, misnamed places, whining and complaining, poncho hating, repeated question asking and jokes that aren't funny which makes them funny, going around.

#7 Awesome sound systems. I'm a big fan of loud music. The best sound system ever made was in RayCray's old car Unreliable. It had a bass so BA it would blow your lungs out. I sure do miss that car :[

#8 Free stuff. Free food, free music, free t-shirts, free bags, free shades... some of the many reasons why college is so awesome. 

#9 Feeling important. Like when someone comes straight to you because they know you can help them. Or when you get a special assignment because your boss knows you'll do a slamming job. Just knowing people appreciate you is really nice :]

#10 Writing. I wish I had time to do more of it. Especially when it comes to my blog. I'll try to keep up on it a bit more. Maybe reinstate my favorite things?


1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh numerous times! especially the chocolate syrup part!! lol. Love you bestie!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and I will give you an imaginary penny for your thoughts :]