February 15, 2010

My Personal Demon


Some days I miss you.
Other days I forget you.
Once in a while I hate you.
But most of the time it's like you're part of me,
and no matter how hard I try to shake you,
you always find your way back to me.

I call you my personal demon.
Although in some cases,
you are more like my guardian angel.

You protect me from being hurt.
From hurting myself.
Because nothing in this cold world hurts more than
falling in love.
Or falling out of love, for that matter.

And you are always there to remind me of that.

1 comment:

  1. So I wandered over here from Yes and Yes, and this poem caught my eye right off.

    It's always a little odd when you see that someone else has put down in words how you feel yourself, and then kind of reassuring to know that it's not just you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and I will give you an imaginary penny for your thoughts :]